Friday, March 7, 2008

Nothing new...

Has anyone else noticed how much this process seems to resemble a roller coaster? Nah, maybe that's just me!
I do want to mention though that all the stress and trouble of getting a visa, all the worry, all the tears (that would mostly be me), all the sleepless nights, all the phone throwing (that would totally be me) is SO worth it and has brought out only wonderful things in our relationship. As stressful and frustrating as this is, George and I are not stressed or frustrated with one another. Immigration is going to be something we have to deal with for a long time, so we just have to figure out the system (and hopefully make a lot of money so we can have an attorney who figures it out for us!). It's really been a wonderful challenge so far and as much as I just want to have a visa and move on to bigger and better things, life doesn't work that way, and who would we be if everything went smoothly? We are learning so much and our faith is growing more and more everyday. I think God seems bigger to me as this moves on and the more discouraged we get, the more we lean on him and the more we grow together. I'm so thankful for George, he is a rock...and me, I put on a rock face when I need to, that, and try not to cry on the phone!

No comments: