Sunday, March 30, 2008

Not long now...

Nothing new on the visa front, just waiting for the interview....
In other news, my mom and I registered for gifts this week and it was so much fun! I got to dream about all the wonderful aspects of our life when we're married. It was difficult at times to figure what to register for to take with and use in Ghana (meaning light weight, not expensive, and something we may or may not bring home) and what do I register for to use for years and years and years! But it was a blast and made me very optimistic for our future. I enjoyed telling George about it, but he won't truly understand until he comes. He told me, "This is NOT something we do in Ghana!"
Also, I am losing my mind and memory! My mind is so encompassed with immigration/visa stuff, planning a wedding, and figuring out how to move 6,000 miles away that I'm forgetting other things. Such as, but not limited to, not sending George two very important papers about his interview with the consulate- I just forgot to scan them and send them to him! That is totally not like me! George was extremely understanding and reminded me about it before it was too late, so at least I haven;t done too much damage. Hopefully as soon as we have a visa that will free up space in my brain and I can function like I used to! I guess we'll just have to wait on that one too....

No comments: