Sunday, August 31, 2014

D is for...

Delali Rene!!

We had a wonderful naming ceremony today. Her name is Ewe (George's tribe) and means My Redeemer Lives! Rene is after my mom (and me!) and means Reborn.








My dear daughter,

I am so glad you are here! I don't think I have spent so much concentrated prayer on someone since immigration with your Daddy.

We loved you before you existed! Daddy and I prayed and prayed about the perfect timing for another baby in our family. I longed for you and asked God to give us the perfect child at the perfect time. I knew in my heart you would be my first daughter and I knew your name.

When we found out we were pregnant we were overjoyed, and then a little confused as big job changes were happening at the same time. We kept praying and giving our little family and lives back to God, all the while trusting and believing that you, our daughter, were meant for us and meant for now.

When you were only a little dot on the ultrasound screen, we had a major scare, and surgery that put your sweet little life at risk. I prayed and cried and prayed and cried for weeks and weeks, begging God to let us keep you, to let us hold you, whole and complete. I obeyed bed rest, I took my medicines, I did everything I knew to do, but ultimately, trusted in God and asked him constantly to let you be ours. I prayed your name over you daily, My Redeemer Lives, My Redeemer Lives.

When your cousin was born to heaven, I again had to look at my heart and see who/what I was trusting in. And again, I gave you back to God. But I begged Him to give you to us, whole and complete. I had no answers for this tragedy as I grew you inside of me, I only knew My Redeemer Lives.

As the weeks slowly crept by, I prayed for your health, your soul, your birth, your place in our family. I prayed that Daddy and I would be good parents to two kids. I prayed for provision for our growing family. I prayed that your brother would be prepared for a sibling. I prayed for peace over our anxieties. I thanked God that Our Redeemer Lives.

And then, you came! You came in God's perfect timing, whole and complete. Your birth was better than I could have imagined. Your Brother's little heart was definitely prepared for a sibling. God has given Daddy and I peace and wisdom as we begin to parent two kids. You are a complete and a total delight. I am overjoyed that My Redeemer Lives.

Now that you are here and I am getting to know you, I keep praying for you. I pray that you will come to know the Lord at a young age. I pray God gives you a compassionate heart. I pray that you continue to be joyous! I pray for your health and safety. I pray that you are curious and seek out the truth. Most importantly, I pray that you will come to recognize on a daily basis, no matter what your circumstances are that your Redeemer certainly does live. That He is near to us in our times of joy and sorrow, in plenty and in want. That He has not only saved us, but that He walks with us. I will never know the answers to life's really hard questions. What I do know, is that My Redeemer Lives and some days, that's all any of us has to stand on. I want you to be confident in that truth as you grow and take on this big, big world.

I love you my sweet Delali and I am so excited that I get to be your Mama!

1 comment:

Kat said...

What a beautiful name and meaning!
Congratulations again!