Tuesday, August 26, 2014

1 Week

I can't believe our sweet girl is one week old today!!








At one week, we are still in awe of that super fast labor and completely wrapped around this little one's fingers!

She continues to be a very chill baby.

Her days and nights are confused, but I know it will pass & I'm so grateful that she sleeps at all-even if it is during the day!

Remember the last post I said something about tomorrow could be a bad day, but that's okay? Prophetic, yo. Today took an unexpected turn with a trip to the pediatrician. Baby Girl hasn't pooped since we left the hospital. For those not in the know, newborns are supposed to poop a lot...or at least a lot more than that! We went in for a weight check and she's only gained HALF an ounce in 4 days. :( Even though I nurse her on demand, I am not cutting calories (yet) and am drinking plenty, it's just not enough. So, for a little while (please God, just a little while) I will nurse her, then give her a small bottle of formula, then pump to increase my supply. I have cried a lot about this today. Mostly, it's the crazy hormone thing. Partially, it's feelings of failing my baby (for the 2nd time-this happened w/ M, only we didn't supplement and it took him 5 weeks to get back up to birth weight) and partially it's fear that we will have a really hard go like we did with M. Oh hormones! Speaking of hormones, after the Dr. we went to H-E-B to get bottle feeding paraphernalia and M dropped a can on my phone  (which I thought was hiding under the baby seat) and seriously broke it. Yes, I cried in the parking lot.

All in all, it's been an awesome first week. Despite this little set back, we have a happy, healthy family and are super blessed.

Now grow girl, grow!!

No comments: