Tuesday, September 2, 2014

2 WEEKS!!



Happy 2 weeks, Delali!!













It has been a great two weeks! I love our growing family and am just so grateful and overjoyed to have this girl!

At two weeks, Delali is more wakeful during the day. We love seeing her alert and studying her eye color and facial expressions.

At night she goes 3-4 hours for her first stretch, then typically 2-3 hours and is up to cluster feed and snuggle around 5-we get a few hours together before M wakes up. I am very happy with this.

Her umbilical stump fell off this week and her hernia is looking better already...hoping it takes care of itself, her Pediatrician said it's likely to do so.

She nurses well and takes a bottle well. Supplementing has been good for her and I can tell she is gaining weight nicely! I no longer supplement after every feeding, we are trying to slowly back off. Some days I'm cool with the supplementing thing, other days, not so much. I'm really working on getting back to exclusively breast feeding.

Most Newborn clothes are still pretty big on her.

We know she can hear (she passed that test with flying colors) but very, very little in the way of sounds disturb her. She sleeps through Makafui's craziness and isn't phased by most noises. Please stay that way, Baby.

She has become a lot more vocal! She makes sweet little grunts and noises while she sleeps.

While car rides don't seem to particularly soothe her, she does well in the car and will stay asleep in her car seat for quite a while.

She has gone on quite a few errands this week. The second kid definitely gets out more than the first did! :)

I can't believe it's been only two short weeks, yet I cannot imagine our family or life without her! Daily, George and I just look at each other and marvel at how blessed we are to have this little family!

4 comments:

Kristen said...

sweetness!!! She looks a lot like M to me! So glad I got to meet her this past weekend. I think its funny he is so sensitive to sound and she isn't!!

Sara B said...

Shes starting to look a lot more like M!!! precious!

waitingarms said...

She is beautiful! It does get a lot easier with the 2nd child - as mothers, we extend a lot more grace to ourselves! I just love M's look of love and adoration in all his pictures with his sister!

Sue Anne McKinney said...

she is just beautiful!!! I am so glad you are settling into your new little house, too.