Monday, July 1, 2013

How to deal...

I'm finally getting a grasp on how to deal with raging narcissists or other mentally unstable people. Let me tell you, my life has become so much better now that I (mostly) have a grasp on this. So what else is a blog but to share? Ha! So here are my tips for how to deal.

-Stop trying to make sense of the person's actions or words. It does not make sense & it won't because    they are not well.

-Realize nothing you do or say can change this person...pray for them anyway.

-Distance, distance, distance!!! Healthy boundaries MUST be in place to protect yourself & family. Distance is the way to do this. Minimize or remove virtual contact & spend less time together. Recognize you can still get hurt this way, but you reduce the frequency.

-Put your blinders on & focus on your own life & family. Dwelling on their skewed view of things brings nothing good! Don't allow the narcissist to harm your other relationships.

-Grant forgiveness knowing they will never ask for it.

I've been working on these things & feel like I'm finally making some headway & there is so much peace in that. We'll see how well I can deal as I know I'm gonna be tested soon. :o)

On another note, our camera is broken. :( I will try to get some good phone pics.

No comments: