Wednesday, July 17, 2013

Oh the Irony!

As you likely know, I went on a low-carb diet not long ago to slim down a little before my brother's wedding this weekend.

Apparently dropping pounds quickly, not eating fruit or yogurt anymore and just drastically changing what I was taking in, tanked my immune system!

I have rarely been sick, but not long after starting this diet I got a week long "tummy bug", was better for about two days, then got Strep. Now I'm on an antibiotic that super upsets my stomach unless I eat....all. day. long.

So what started as a drop some weight quick thing, turned into a eat all the time or be sick thing.

Hmmmm.

I'm sure there's a spiritual lesson in there somewhere. I'll let you figure it out.

That, or just laugh at the irony of it all. I am.

1 comment:

Kristen said...

oh no! i hope you feel better and that you guys have the best time this weekend!!