Wednesday, June 26, 2013

Lately

It's only Wednesday and this week has been full already! Among other things, we have started potty training. You likely think I'm crazy because Makafui is only 16 months old. Well, I'm starting to think I am too, but there is a reason behind it. I'm all about not rushing kids when it comes to development. Then, Makafui started leaking through pretty much any diaper option. Luvs in a bigger size than he "needs" are our best bet right now, but he can pee out of those too. He also says "pee pee" and "potty" and loves to flush the toilet. He's all about doing things on his own. So I figured I should seize the oportunity and use his independence to my advantage. Also, I really didn't want to start using 'sposies all the time. So we switched to undies, have two potties and a big ol' jar of M&Ms. And do you know what? It's not going as well as I anticipated. Like, at all. Then I read some random blog where a mom was potty training a 3 year old and it was going about as well for her as it is for us, so I felt a little encouraged. I'm not sure what we're going to do. He liked it a lot more when it was a novelty, now that we are full on doing it, he's not so interested...maybe even stubborn about it? We are real chill about accidents and not making it a big deal and we freak out when he does go to the potty with song and dance and clapping and M&Ms. He still pees pretty much everywhere but on the potty...then he tells me he peed! I'm not frustrated with him, but I am a little discouraged by this process. However, I figure if people can toilet train cats, then I can certainly toilet train my brilliant little person. So for now, we just keep at it and plan to get the carpet steam cleaned once we succeed. Undies only at home! Mr. Independent, you need to decide wet undies are yuck and start using those cute little potties!! :)

Really, who decided a poop colored doggie on the butt of training pants was a good idea? Then again, I bought them...

One of the other things we did this week was set up a little learning/creativity center for M. He is loving it!! He goes over to it and sits down to color several times a day. It's so cute! :)



 Want to color, Mama?
 Love this boy!!!!!!

One of my favorite summer treats are Starbucks' Passion Tea lemonades. However, they are full of sugar (even the unsweetened one) I have to get out of the car and take M in to buy one, and they cost like $4! So I started making them at home and they are just as good!! 1 Tazo Passion Teabag + 1/2c.  lemon juice + 1/4c.Truvia Baking Blend + large pitcher filled with water= Awesome! It's about $9 for 6 gallons and there will be Truvia left over. Yum, yum!!

My sister and I have started doing a low carb diet, a la The 100 by Jorge Cruz. We are both enjoying it!! My sister is dropping weight like crazy!! Actually weighing is not my thing, but I just want to slim down a little. I'm not sure I'm going to do this for the long haul, but my Sis is pretty committed. I'm proud of her!! My favorite treat is the low carb, healthy chocolate cake made with almond flour and Truvia. Yum, yummmm!!

Have you ever taken a Sh'bam class? It's my new favorite thing! It's 45 minutes of intense cardio dancing to club hits. It's super fun even though I know I look like a fool! I may or may not break out some of my new moves at my little brother's wedding next month....as long as my family won't disown me.



2 comments:

Tiffany said...

I'm proud of you too! We are doing great and even though you don't weigh you have def slimmed down! Being on the same diet together is not only fun but energizing! We are gonna look great at the wedding and you BETTER break out some Sh'bam moves!

Kristen said...

Sh'bam sounds so fun! i wish we were at the same Y. i'm going to have to make that tea!
good luck with the potty training. wouldn't it be funny if M and meg potty trained the same month? funny or sad, i'm not sure ;)