Monday, June 17, 2013

Our Summer Days

We are working on making the most of these long summer days! George has been working a lot lately, we are thankful for the job and blessed by the overtime but it makes for some long days as just M and me. :) Like two of you may care what our days look like, but I will share anyway.

Makafui wakes up pretty early (typically between 5:30 and 6:00) so after Daddy heads off to work around 6:45 we finish breakfast, maybe start a load of laundry, hang out/play pick up the mess, get dressed and packed and head to the gym in the 8 o'clock hour.

After I workout and M plays we may swim or just come home. We pass G's work on our way back, so sometimes we get to stop and say hi. :)

At home, we will eat a snack, then M will tornado through the house and take toys, books, shoes, food and anything else he can reach out of their proper places and put them on the floor or give them a new place. He will also pick up what little trash he can find and throw it away. He'll also put any spare dishes in the dishwasher, as if to say, "Come on Mom, let's get it together."

He naps around 11, for 30 minutes. If I'm lucky I can shower, eat lunch and check my e-mail (or blog) and tidy up. I leave his door open so he can get up and come out on his own, I always crack up when he saunters out of his room and exclaims, "Heh-woah!!"

Once he is up he eats lunch and I clean up again.

Then we check in with G to see when he should get a lunch break, the rest of the day will shift depending on what time that is. We try to be home for G's lunch so we can spend time with him. On Thursdays, we get him and go out for lunch together

In the afternoon we try to get out again and also get some exercise. We will run errands or go swimming, we love to visit with family members, have play dates, walk the mall or IKEA, play at new parks or anything else we fancy!

The countdown for Daddy officially begins at 3:00. I'm not sure why, but it does!

We try to be home around 5ish and get dinner started and work on making the house look a little less tornado-like. :) We like to go out and wait for Daddy if it's not too hot or if M is not too tired.

Depending on how things went, we will either all eat together or M will have his dinner and G and I will eat after he goes to bed.

Bath time is for Daddy and Makafui and gives me a break to either be productive or take a shower alone. :)

If I was successful at wearing Makafui out, he will go to bed in the 7 o'clock hour....yes, that's about 10 hours of sleep! :)

There's not much time for blogging in our day, but we have a great time! Today, Makafui started praying on his own and I love it! He stands still, clasps his hands and jibber jabbers away, ending with a hearty AAAAAMMEEN! Then he's off to whatever he was doing. So cute!

He loves to lead the way wherever we go!
 
And he's gotten very good at climbing in cabinets!



I know I have more pictures, but Master Organizer here has put our camera in a new place...I will look for it tomorrow.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ha. that's great. looking forward to seeing you all.

Kristen said...

geez louise, only a thirty munute nap! that's killer. i wish i had that kid's energy! he's got the best personality.