Monday, January 21, 2013

Proof that I am a serious nerd.

Today, I went to OfficeMax. The new guy who was doing my copies seemed strangely familiar. Then, I saw his name tag: Chism. I only know one person with that name and that spelling. I felt a little timid at first, but finally called him out. It was Chism from the 2012 season of Biggest Loser!! I lived on the couch in the weeks following Makafui's wonderful addition to our family and Biggest Loser was a show I watched regularly. I was so proud of him and told him to keep up the good work. Then, I got in the car and texted my husband that I saw Chism from BL, as if it were a big deal! :)
 


Three years ago, on my wedding day, Eddie Vedder came up to me in the Four Seasons (I was dressed and ready to walk down the aisle) and told me how beautiful I was, wished me the best, blah, blah, blaaahhhhed and gave me a rose. Meh. I didn't tell anyone for a long time.



Nerd. Serious nerd.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

no fair! i never run into anybody famous in austin. i've always blamed it on the fact that i live too far away from downtown, but i guess i can't use that excuse anymore.

Kristen said...

oh wait!! we did see Colt McCoy going through the drive through at P. Terry's Hamburgers a few years back! that counts right?