Monday, December 17, 2012

Crazy Weekend Update

On Saturday, we went up to Dallas with the intent of looking at and purchasing a used Kia Sorento.

You would've though we were going abroad to get it based on everything I packed to keep Makafui occupied, but I wasn't taking any chances!

We had fun on our little road trip. :) We rented a car because according to my dad and husband, if your own car has more than 100,000 miles, you shouldn't take it more than 50 miles from home. Ha! :) I think Killer would've made it! The SUV we rented was a liiiiitle more comfy though. ;)
It was an early start! We picked up Gigi a little before 7.




I tried to get Makafui to sleep in the car by putting a blanket over him. This was his response. Gone are the days...
You CAN'T go to Dallas without stopping in West for Kolaches!!


When we got to Dallas, the car was NOT ready like I told them it should be. We were ushered to back corner of the lot and left to inspect it. Oh. My. Goodness.  It also was NOT what had been represented to us. This car was filthy! Absolutely disgusting. It was only a 2012, but looked like it had 10+ years of wear on it. We figured if the previous owner did that to the inside, they probably didn't take care of the engine either.

So we went back to the car where my mom and M were waiting. The plan to go up to Dallas, check out and test drive the (ready and waiting) car and sign the papers was a no-go. We could turn around and be home before our 3 o'clock target or we could try to make the most of being in a bigger city with lots of cars. We chose the latter. So we hit up Chick-Fil-A and searched for more Kia Sorentos while we ate. G was especially wary and bummed. We stopped at more used car places (which had nothing we wanted or better than Austin) and were ready to go home when G said we HAD to go to a Honda store first. I said OK, but figured it was a wasted trip because he had already tried to (secretly) get me my dream car in Austin and the dealership just couldn't make the car fit our budget.

Well, after lots of waiting and talking and waiting and bargaining and waiting and almost saying yes to a blue car (which was the ONE thing I didn't want) then talking and waiting some more.

I.

GOT.

THIS.

....


....


....


 
 
I still can't believe it! A CR-V has been my dream car for many, many years! I was more than happy with a used Sorento (or even another Saturn Ion!) but my sweet husband really wanted to bless me...he even made sure it was THE color I love, not just a color I wouldn't mind.

The headphones and workout stuff I got him for Christmas hardly seem fair now.

Wait, I bore him a child and wake up with that child all hours of the night...who said anything about fair?!

Anyway, back to the story. All of G's bargaining and getting all the paperwork done for this this amazing gift took some time. We didn't leave Dallas until nearly 6. Aaaaand, G got separated from us and turned around in a serious way! At one point he called my mom and said, "I just saw a sign that said Welcome to Louisiana." Haha! He ended up getting home and hour and a half AFTER us! It was very nerve wracking for me.

We made it 2 years and 11 months sharing a car!! We waited and waited (and aaaaaalmost got a 2nd vehicle several times, but each time something terrible happened right before) and finally found the perfect thing for us!

I am so, so, so glad that my mom came with us! This is NOT the way we thought the day would unfold and I just don't know what we would have done without her. Makafui was a total rockstar as well. He spent more time in his car seat on Saturday than he normally does in a week! He did great!!

If you're ever in the market for a Honda, we highly recommend Lute Riley!

On Sunday, we went over to my sister and brother in-law's house and helped them move back in. Then we went to cousin Sophia's 1st Birthday party. It was a pretty packed day.

Poor M is WORN OUT from this weekend. So even though we have wheels and the freedom to roam now, we're at home, just playing and hoping for some good naps. :)

My husband sure is sweet. I don't think I'll get over this gift anytime soon. Now my car just needs a name...

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Bop, I have some suggestions:
1. Clara
2. Kyle
3. Greg
4. Grey-v
5. Milk Face
6. Simone

Kristen said...

yay!!!! congrats!!! so excited for you guys!

Anonymous said...

Yay afor a second car! I am still walking...
Of course the only possible name is...

...

premiumschätzelein!

This car is premium for sure and it will turn out to be your Schätzelein! :)

Kat