Monday, December 3, 2012

Back in the Swing of Things

Goodness. Sickness sucks...a lot. We are on the mend now, but the computer is kind of on the fritz, so I'm not sure if I can post pictures. Blah.

Thanksgiving was good despite M being sick and it being the (unknown) beginning of a very rough week and a half!

We put up our Christmas decorations and have been enjoying all things Christmas we can get our hands on!

LaFawnda (our lovely tree angel) has taken one flying leap from the top thanks to Makafui, the expert tree shaker. I wonder how many more times that will happen...

Makafui is coughing during his nap as I write this. That makes me very nervous. Are we in for another round of yucky?

I put together Makafui's Push n Ride for Christmas and put it in the top of our closet. He managed to find it and convince Daddy to bring it down for him to play with!! Really?? Mommy, the Grinch, put it back up.

We are resigning our lease to stay here for another year. I'm already making plans for this next year to be wonderful despite the inability to roam. :)

We are very blessed to have this home.

While Makafui was sick we got sposie diapers. It was very eye opening to me. I was shocked by how expensive they are, how terribly they smell, the amount of trash they produce and weirded out by that gel stuff. I'm very glad we use cloth. What a nice reminder. :)

It looks like M is getting some molars. Poor kid can't catch a break, he's having a hard time with it.

I ate ice cream for breakfast.

We're not quite going all out with Christmas gifts for family members this year. I'm a little nervous that people won't like what we're doing.

I got some disappointing news this week. I've put my big girl panties on about it, but sometimes I'm still a little bummed about it.

We are good at waiting for things. Ha!

On Saturday, G brought me a HUGE Gingerbread latte and a salted caramel cake ball (for breakfast) to say thanks and reward me for being up every hour that night with sick dude. How sweet is he? He knows me well!

My mother-in-law needs high blood pressure meds, but the price of them Ghana is really high. I've been trying to see if I can get her the same drugs online and on the cheap, but we don't have a paper prescription. Let me tell you, suuuuuuper sketchy! Super.

My baby hits the double digit months this week. How did that happen? I'm kind of in a slow-down-this-is-making-mommy-sad mode about it and I'm also planning his 1st Birthday party. Conflicted much?

M slept (or I didn't hear him or something) from 12:15-7:15 last night. This is indeed a miracle.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

sounds like you guys have maybe had a rough couple of weeks. hope everyone feels better soon. we've been passing around a cold too and it is not fun.

waitingarms said...

I am so sorry that anyone would read your blog and find material to use to cause your family distress. I have followed along from before George came home and all I have ever gotten from reading your blog posts is a sweet family that really loves each other and does everything to be the very best parents for their sweet baby. You are fun and so very wise! Good for you for drawing the line. Have a blessed Christmas season.