Tuesday, September 21, 2010

This is my life.....

I posted this last year, while still in The Valley, struggling everyday, wondering where God had gone.....
I see my life here in Texas with my husband by my side. I see enjoying my career for a little while longer until we start a family. I see owning a home, complete with western conveniences and practicing hospitality, sharing our GhAmerican culture. I see us living a bi-continental life-living fulfilled in two cultures and knowing and loving both families. I see US...here. Endless possibilities, finding our place.
I see my life in Ghana, with my husband by my side. I see myself teaching in my community and learning constantly. I see myself with braids and a baby strapped to my back. I see owning a different home, one that requires more work, but I am happy to do it. I see myself never blending in, but I don't mind. I do not see us being bi-continental, but hope my family would be willing to brave Africa...for me. I see US...in Ghana. Endless possibilities, finding our place.
I see my life in the unknown, with my husband by my side. I do not know what I would do or where we would live. I see US...that's all that matters. Endless possibilities, finding our place. I just don't know which life is ours...still waiting for an answer...
And here we are, more than a year later...endless possibilities, finding our place. It was not easy or without pain to get here, and we remember that all the time...sometimes with lingering tears. It's still hard some days, when we pray and struggle and search for jobs and get that (familiar) feeling that God has left us in the dark. And then we are grounded again, reminded of His faithfulness, when we see it and when we don't. If my life stayed the way it is right now- small apartment, terrible job, hubby workin' retail, I still wouldn't trade it...and I would still rejoice that my man is here.
We're living in that "unknown" but blissfully together. I guess the adventure continues, it's just a little more domestic now.

No comments: