Monday, August 9, 2010

Whaaambulance...

I'm not sure what happened last week, but I felt like it would be okay to start whining about life. Did I take a blow to the head or something? I'm not sure, but I was in a whiney mood. Things have not changed to induce said whiney, I was just tired of being a big girl about it. I've decided whining sucks though, so I don't want to do it anymore.
The fact is, work was tough last week and I'm missing my man. The factual flip-side of that is, I have a job that provides for our needs and my husband is working too. Thanks, God.
Two working people, odd hours and one car have made life interesting the past few weeks. The biggest adjustment is meals...we need to get more creative in the food department! Moving will also help. We are so pumped to be moving!! (Things will settle down when G can walk to work.) One of the things I am super excited about is cooking with my mom. We're moving pretty close to my parents (who are almost empty-nesters) and both my mom and I are getting stumped with this whole cooking for two thing. She's been cooking for 8 or more for a very long time and that's how I learned to cook. So we're going to get together and cook a bunch of things and split and freeze them. Cool, huh? It should help a lot. I'm such a nerd...but it makes me excited. :)
In other news, my brother Joe and his wife, Sara are coming to visit this weekend! Joe is in the Navy, so we don't get to see him very often (and he's been at sea for the last 7 months or so). We're excited to have them come to town-it's gonna be a crazy few days, but it should be lots of fun, too!
Also, I get next week off and who wouldn't be excited about that?

No comments: