Monday, March 22, 2010

Spring...almost....a little bit....

Central Texas is known for it's crazy weather. It's not "El Nino" it's just crazy. Even though I'm used to it, I still get surprised by it. We all thought (and hoped) spring had come! People were swimming, hike and bike trails were packed and tank tops and flip flops were being worn by all! Then, Saturday-the wind chill was in the 20s. What. The. Heck. Spring ran away and hid from us.
I think our journey is similar. The winter seems so long and dismal, the first signs of spring bring hope and excitement....then BOOM, it's not really spring, it's sucky winter! But regardless of how anyone feels about it (especially me), spring really will come...eventually. And summer (my favorite) really will follow....eventually.
I was reading over some old blog posts (like this one, this one and this one) and was reminded how far we really have come. I still wonder what exactly God is doing, I'm still on a spiritual journey and hopefully, always will be. But I'm not angry anymore. My hurt is less. My despair is much less. It was a hard, very long "winter" and I wasn't sure if we would ever get a "spring". I'm still wrapping my mind around all the things that have happened these past few years, but I do have hope. Hope that spring is coming [or maybe even here] and hope that one day this will be a memory and the hurt will be completely gone. My God can do that.
For his anger is but for a moment, and his favor is for a lifetime. Weeping may tarry for the night, but joy comes with the morning. Psalm 30:5

1 comment:

Kristen said...

it is good to remember all the good HE has already done. thanks for the reminder, and here's to spring and hopefully a beautiful summer!