Wednesday, March 3, 2010

Hello, March! Hello, Stress! Hello, Bliss!

I can't believe it's March already! Last weekend was packed, which has bled into a tired (and too busy for my liking) week. My little sister got married on Saturday! We enjoyed the festivities, but there wasn't much resting going on.
Here we are at my sister's rehearsal.
We are both still on the job hunt, which can be very stressful and frustrating. Okay, it IS very stressful and frustrating! I am really, really not enjoying my job! It's changed a lot recently and to be extremely frank-I hate it. I feel underpaid, under appreciated and really just kind of abused. I'm also in a precarious position, because though they haven't told me, my boss will be relocating soon. I feel like if I speak up, they'll just let me go and hire a temp who doesn't know the difference. So I'm searching, searching and trying not to lose it in the meantime. Thanks for letting me complain. As for George, we did get some encouragement this week! We tried a new Career group at another church and it was FABULOUS! We are excited about the next 7 weeks of it and are praying for great things! Please pray with us that we will get better/jobs soon!
With all that being said, we still recognize how far we have come and are still thankful to be together and blissfully happy! Life is still good even when one part of it totally sucks.
I'm bad about posting (and taking!) pictures, but here are a few of the recent additions to our home. I'm pretty excited about them!

I'm so glad we finally put up curtains in the dining area-it's been my vision for months!

AHHHHH!!! The KitchenAid! This was my huge thing! George didn't really get the need for one of these, but he understands now. He's loving the cookies and breads I've been able to make in my limited time.

2 comments:

Kristen said...

your place is looking great! and you guys are looking too cute together! i've always wanted a red kitchen aid, but i really don't deserve one. it would sit and look beautiful and unused as i'm really not much of a baker or cook! i'm glad the new career group is going well... hoping that good things come jobwise for you both soon.

Allison Stillwell said...

Ooh, love the Kitchen Aid! We've had one for like 10 years now and it still works like new -- those things last FOREVER. Best (and most practical) kitchen purchase ever!