Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Long weekend, will there ever be a normal?

Memorial day weekend was pretty nice. My little baby brother (who is way bigger than me) graduated from high school! My brother and sister in-law came into town and I had an incredibly fun lingerie shower with my nearest and dearest...it was pretty great! The weekend was packed with family fun, planning, mess making, great parties, lots of people, shopping, eating, a little bit of drama (bleah!) and exhaustion. I was slightly distracted from immigration, which was so nice and got some encouragement from some sweet family friends at my brother's graduation party.
This week I am preparing for my move on Saturday! I'm going to be moving into "our" apartment and setting things up for George's arrival and our future. Last week I was kind of bummed about it since George won't actually be here and the 'our' has turned into 'mine' but I have faith again that things will happen soon. I am beginning to look forward to making our home in preparation for him and at least this is a step forward! I have been so busy lately and am so tired of being busy, life is just full right now. There is so much upheaval in our lives and the lives of my family members and so many unknowns. I wonder when we will have a "normal" and when we will rest. I hope it's soon, but one thing I do know is that we will be very purposeful with our time management and commitments we make, all this craziness is unavoidable right now and not enjoyable.
Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the PEACE of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus.
Philippians 4:6-7

No comments: