Thursday, May 2, 2013

Whew!

We had a very intense weekend, which has morphed all the way into mid-week! The past 5 days are a bit of a blurrrrr.

On Saturday morning, M woke up with a little fever. I figured it was teething and gave him a dose of Tylenol and some extra snuggles.

Before we knew it, his fever was at 104.7 and staying there, eventually peaking to 105.7. All weekend we struggled with this stupid fever. There were about 347 tepid baths in the kitchen sink, some at 2am by light of the microwave, lots of Tylenol and Ibuprofen, many calls to the Dr and calls and texts to a very special nurse in our life, cold drinks, tears and sleepless nights.

We were at the Dr. on Monday morning before they opened. The verdict? A throat infection...viral of course, so wait it out.

This was a scary weekend for me as a Mommy. M has never been this sick! I am so grateful to have such a wonderful partner and support in George. I am also grateful for our access to medical care and medicine, I am especially grateful that M is not generally a sick kid and that he is feeling better now.

He slept through the night last night and woke up happy, knocking on his door for me to let him out.

When he started to feel better, he got to have his first sucker...

 
 
I started to realize he was getting better when he colored on the wall with crayons, and then showed me with his sucker...

 And I knew he was really feeling better when he figured out how to climb on top of the coffee table!

 
I love my boy, glad he's "back"!!

2 comments:

Kristen said...

oh no!!! so scary. you must be exhausted. i am so glad he is feeling better.
can't wait to hear about last weekend.
in other news, you are the GRAND PRIZE WINNER , you guessed jon's bday!
text me what size tshirt you want!

Anonymous said...

very glad M is better...we will see you all sometime this summer.