Monday, November 19, 2012

Day 19

Being a mom and trying to figure out what's best for your child is not always easy. It can be way harder and complicated though if you feel stuck by rules and judgement...or if you don't have the courage to break from what's considered normal or acceptable.

This past week I took apart Makafui's crib and put it away. Not something I ever thought I would do for a baby less than 2 years old, let alone less than 1! And guess what? It is working out fabulously! He sleeps on the mattress on the floor, no walls.

I am so thankful that I am surrounded by people who love, encourage and support me while I figure out what's best for Makafui (maybe you've noticed, "norms" don't seem to fit him). I am thankful for freedom to do what I believe is best. It's wonderful being free!

No comments: