Wednesday, October 10, 2012

Wednesday Wanderings...

  • This morning did NOT start the way I wanted it to.
  • I'm leaning heavily on God and trying my hardest to trust him for the details.
  • God always shows up for us...always.
  • The cold snap we had this past weekend reminded me that the only part of winter I like is Christmas. I want it to be cold for Christmas, then it can go away.
  • I will not complain about the weather, even if I do get cold.
  • The Jammie Fairy came to our house! M has some cute new blanket sleepers...I super love them.
  • I was praying for encouragement in any form God wanted to give it on the day the Jammie Fairy came. I'll take it! :)
  • My husband sure does work his butt off. I'm so blessed by him.
  • My husband is also SUPER modest and wouldn't tell people how hard he works or how well he is doing. I think that's hot.
  • My husband is so hot.
  • Entitlement is uuuuuugly. Like real ugly.
  • I wonder what parts of my life I have a sense of entitlement...
  • I love having the back door and windows open when the weather is nice. It makes me feel like we have the most simple, wonderful life.
  • I started selling Avon....it's not just for old ladies. Word!
  • I hope I am successful with sales and can make some pocket money or something.
  • Since becoming a mom, I kind of think I can do anything. Really, anything. I haven't fallen flat on my face yet, but sometimes in the midst of the big things I'm doing, I do doubt that I'm as super as I thought I was.
  • Funniest thing I've heard in a while; "What kind of coma is this?!" "Um.....do you know what a coma is?" "Oh, you are asleep for some time and then wake up! Seriously, he should answer his phone!"
  • When my Nonnie and other family are in town at the end of the month, I am going to make a KILLER chocolate cake. It weighs 5 lbs!! Whatever they don't eat, I'm sure I can take care of.
  • I love chocolate caramel apples. They seem so fallish to me.
  • Chocolate caramel apples totally count as a fruit.
  • Makafui leaned in real close to give me a kiss, but burped in my face instead. He is all boy.
  • M has suddenly learned how to chew! It's pretty wonderful, he wants to try out this skill all the time now and thinks he can eat whatever we are eating.
  • I'm not a hopeless romantic, but I totally believe in love and I want other people to as well.
  • Everyday I look around our wonderful home and thank God for it. We have a beautiful apartment, and it's perfect for us.
  • Algebra sucks...I'm just sayin'.
  • George threw away the shoes I wore for the half. They were that bad.
  • 1 week later G bought me some WAY better shoes-I'm back to getting my fitness on!
  • I am maybe possibly thinking about doing the 3M Half Marathon in January. Maybe.
  • International Delight's instant Pumpkin Spice Latte is just as good and way cheaper than the Starbuck's Via version. You're welcome.
  • Fall and winter food is amazing- caramel apples, salted caramel cake balls, pumpkin bread, seasonal lattes, cranberry bliss bars, gingerbread and chocolate stuff, stuffing and so much more are just the bomb. So many delicious carbs!
  • Those yummy foods are why I may be considering the 3M Half. If I start running/training then I can eat what I want.
  • Nothing zests like a real Microplane, nothing.
  • My parents are such a huge blessing to me. I can't even put it into words.
  • I like Acorn Squash. I never seem to pick a good one though.
  • My mom ALWAYS picks a good Acorn Squash.
  • I'm doing a pretty big grocery shopping trip on Thursday, instead of making the real list, I am blogging about random things with lots of food thrown in. Hmmmm....
  • One of Makafui's favorite play things of late is the Pepto Bismol bottle. Those little pills and that pink bottle are just too much fun. I laugh every time I see him shaking it up and down.
  • Speaking of, Boy has got some rhythm! And no, he did not get it from the black/African side of the family. Don't stereotype.
  • The thing about stereotypes is, well, usually they are true. Mostly.

1 comment:

Mama B said...

Bahahahahahahah!!!! I love it all. You take all the good random stuff just when I am getting ready to post. Honestly, though, I prefer to read yours. You bless me...always.