Friday, October 19, 2012

Freaky Friday

  • Killer (our beloved bright blue, hail damaged, 2004 Saturn with 138,000 miles on it) got a boo-boo last week. And by boo-boo, I mean Killer came within an inch of his bright blue life! Thank God, and the wonderful people at Caliber Collision, they managed to repair it instead of total it.
  • Blue is my LEAST favorite color, really not a fan.
  • I super love Killer, I'm so glad we get to keep him.
  • We plan on driving Killer into the ground, but not into anymore curbs.
  • I love Progressive insurance.
  • I need to vacuum out my window sills, like NOW.
  • Makafui is really getting into self feeding. It is so much fun!!
  • Now that M feeds himself a little more, it's a big mess!
  • I think I need a splat mat under the highchair...or a robot vacuum....or a live-in maid.
  • Nearly every time I exclaim how proud I am of M for eating like a big boy and start to get out the camera, he chokes!
  • A lot of people I know are totally knocking and complaining about apartment living lately. Really? It's not only annoying, but a little bit hurtful. Furthermore, much of the world lives in or would be delighted to live in apartments. People.
  • Can the election be over already?
  • G's mom is on Facebook!!
  • I love having Mama G on Facebook, not only is it sweet and funny, but we are getting to connect like we haven't before and she gets to see lots of Makafui!
  • When I grow up, a long time from now, I want to be like Dame Judi Dench. She seems like a pretty rockin' old lady.
  • I love tulips.
  • Makafui is having his first cold or terrible allergies. I'm still not sure which one it is. Poor baby, he's quite the trooper though.
  • I have this thing about having a peaceful home and developing a good attention span in Makafui. My number one way to achieve that is by not allowing flashing, noisy toys.
  • The recent cover story with naked plus size models has been very interesting and gotten lots of people talking. I certainly do not think that the ideal body is a size 0 and that you should starve yourself to be unnaturally thin-nor is a size 8 "plus" or "big". But the "I'm fat and I'm proud" mentality is equally wrong and unhealthy. Blah. Could we just have some average size, healthy looking models out there?!
  • I got a text from G last week that said: 'Thanks for coming to visit me. You always look pretty. You are a great wife.' Is it wrong that the always pretty part was my favorite?
  • Wouldn't it be great if dishwashers unloaded themselves? That is my least favorite chore.
  • Cadbury Creme Eggs aren't just for Easter anymore. They now make Cadbury Screme Eggs for Halloween....the "yolk" is green. I'm not sure how I feel about this.
  • We were in the car yesterday and that Chris Brown song Don't Wake Me Up came on...G started singing with his own lyrics. Killed me! I'm glad I didn't marry a boring man!
  • We have a 50lb dumbbell in our closet. Ridiculous.
  • When I can't find G, he's in the closet, you know, working out his body.
  • I got an ad (if you can call it that) in the mail yesterday about bladder incontinence surgery/therapy something like that. I died laughing...G was very confused.
  • At the post office this week, the ladies went nuts over Makafui. While I was waiting for my letter, one woman exlaimed loudly, "He mees whi Messycan?!" "Ummmm, I'm sorry?" I said, "Wha he mees wihh? Messycan?" Processing, processing, processing......"Oh! Uhhhh, no, African." "Oh," she shouted, "That why he so prittay!"
  • Makafui has green skinny jeans and they are the bomb!
  • Happy FRIDAY!!!





No comments: