Tuesday, July 31, 2012

Halfin' it...

So the other day, I was in the car with my Mom and saw one of these fancy little stickers on the car in front of us.

Then, I might have said something like this, "I really want one of those! But I think there's a rule that you have to actually do 13.1."

The next thing I know, my mom is telling me about a half marathon on September 29th. Pretty soon, we had hot new workout clothes, pedometers, fancy socks and a training schedule.

We're doing this people!!

I'm pretty pumped. I'm having fun training with my Mama; I feel like my old fit self again; G and M are getting quality time in the evenings while I'm out pounding the pavement; I will lose these last few pounds, and I'm gonna get me one of those stickers!

4 comments:

Mama B said...

So this is all MY fault!? Hmmmmm, I seem to remember you played a bigger role but we are soooo gonna do this thing. I might even break my "no stickers" rule and put that sweet number on my back window...at least until we get the one that says 26.2!

Sister Beta said...

Hahahaha! That's totally how I remember it! :) And yes, we are soooo gonna do this!

Kristen said...

so awesome! i'm excited for you guys. i really want to get myself together and train for a race.

BartleyFamily said...

That is so exciting! I just started training for a half marathon that is in November! Good Luck!!