Tuesday, July 24, 2012

Ch-ch-ch-changes!

We've had some BIG changes around here lately! The biggest one being that Makafui eats solid food now! Whoah!! The poor little guy was totally ready and the result has been longer stretches at night! Woohoo! It made me sad to figure out that he was waking so often (again) because he really was hungry, I'm glad I followed my gut though and kept getting up (every hour) to feed him. I wanted to start slowly, but he has had other plans. We went from rice cereal just in the evening to solid feedings 3x a day verrry quickly! He still nurses plenty often so I'm thinking he's got to chunk up pretty soon!




I'm making his food (organic) and having so much fun! Since I'm a stickler for trying one food at a time and waiting 4 days before the next new food, he's only had apples and peas. He super loves apples, we're still working on the peas.

I got a blender at a bridal shower 3 years ago and opened it this week to make his food. It was like Christmas all over again. I'm having a blast!




Makafui has also started wearing some big boy jammies and he isn't swaddled for bed anymore. :( My baby is growing up!!!


1 comment:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

HE is so CUTE! Glad he's lovin' your homemade applesauce and even better, that he's sleeping a bit more at night! :)