Sunday, February 19, 2012

M is for...

MAKAFUI!!

Yesterday was the much anticipated naming ceremony of our sweet boy. We were so happy to introduce him to many of our friends and family, to publicly commit him to God, and to share his name! Makafui Will! Makafui is a traditional Ewe name which means Glory to God. It's said muh-KAH-foo-ee. Will means Strong Protector and is after my dad. We will call him Makafui and Will, I'm sure he'll pick up a nick name at some point. He wore this very special outfit for his first big party and was VERY cute!! I don't think the pic really shows it, but he has a tie on. :)
 He did wonderful with all the noise and commotion while people met him and oohed and ahhed over him...it wasn't until mid-ceremony that he got hungry!

 Daddy was very proud to show him off.
 His first celebration cake. I loved having the monogrammed cake out ahead of time, people were trying to guess his name like crazy-no one did.
 The pretty flowers and bowl for his baptism.

My dad, the family elder lead the ceremony.
 My little brother stepped into the shot on purpose...so I left it. My family did a great job setting up this special event.
 The food was yummy and we are grateful for the yummy leftovers! :)
We were enjoying the event so much that we didn't get ANY pictures of the baptism, of the 3 of us as a family or of Makafui with my parents. We need to work on getting better pictures!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

We had a lot of fun Bop Bop.

Kristen said...

everything was beautiful! i teared up when george announced his name! so cool to be named after your dad. i have so many great memories of your dad from growing up. we were obsessed with his "purple rider" stories.