Friday, December 9, 2011

Week One

G is headed home from his first week at his new job! It has been quite the busy week. We are so blessed and thankful for this job and George loves it already. I do hope though, that things slow down just a little bit-this was training and orientation week after all.

I'm not sure if I mentioned before the driving aspect of this job. We are so blessed that G's actual work location is in our suburb and only about 15 minutes away. We could not have asked for better. For training however, he had to go to the main office, which is waaaay south. So south, that it requires driving on the interstate for about 24 miles before he even gets to his exit. Before this job, G had never driven this route, or spent that long of a distance on the [poorly planned, over crowded, way too many semis on it] interstate. Monday morning was his first solo run. He turned on the news shortly before leaving for us to find out that the interstate was closed several exits before his due to a terrible accident with fatalities!! Did I mention that it was also hovering around freezing and raining?? My heart sank and tried very hard not to mother my sweet hubby and just to give it to God. We prayed together and he was off. I went back to bed, but just lay there praying for his safety and protection. In record time, G called to say he was there! Apparently they had reopened the road as he left and tons of other commuters had already taken another route. Thank you, Jesus! The driving thing makes me nervous. This week has been a big test for me in who I think my life (and George's) really belongs to. I have to give George back to God over and over again...something I should hurry up and learn since Cocoapuff is coming soon! G has done awesome with the driving and I'm so proud of him!
And since it's my blog, let me just brag on my husband again for 5 seconds. He found out on Monday just how many applicants there were for this position, how many were interviewed and the few that got the job. He is the 1%. Wow! I am very proud of him, but we both also recognize that God is so good to us. I'm excited to see what the future holds.
P.S. I had an awesome baby shower last weekend...I'm still working on a post for that. :)

2 comments: