Monday, December 19, 2011

Goings on...

I can't believe that Christmas is so close!! It really snuck up on me this year and doesn't quite seem as festive as usual. Weird. I am really looking forward to some time this weekend to enjoy family.
G is doing well in his new job and we are still so thankful for it. I must admit though, that I wasn't quite prepared for all the changes, I thought I was....but I was wrong. The job is great and a much anticipated change, but it still brings some good stress, which is better than bad stress, but stress nonetheless. It's a whole new ballgame for us. Even though he works fewer hours a week and has weekends, it's been a big change. We aren't able to communicate as much throughout the day and I can't just drop by and see him like I used to. I really miss those little interactions! I know this is just an adjustment period, and we have a lot of big changes in life right now. Soon, this will be our new normal...and then that will change as well. :)
Thanks to the new job, we sure are loving our weekends! Unfortunately, this weekend I got siiiiiick (which is kind of freaky when you're pregnant). My hubby sure did step up to the plate though and blessed me so much. Not only did he take care of me, he also did all of the house chores I would have done early this week so that I could just rest. Since I so rarely get sick, I've never really seen this side of G, it was so precious! I sure am blessed. :)
In other news, we are now biological Aunt and Uncle! Cocoapuff's cuz Sophia was born this week! She is so little and pretty! It was surreal to visit them and think, this could be us in just 7 weeks (or less)! Newborns are so amazing, they put life and God into perspective. Yay for a growing family!!


No belly pic this week, because G is so busy! We will take one soon...this dancing baby is getting BIG! :) That baby ticker on the right says we have 47 days till his due date! Holy cow that's close!! I finished the drapes for Cocoapuff's room this week and have sorted his clothes and boxed up his sweet little things so we can set up his room as soon as possible. 47 days seems way closer than the week or month count! Goodness, I have a lot to do!

No comments: