Tuesday, December 27, 2011

Christmas Wrap-Up

This was a truly wonderful Christmas! In addition to marvelling at what God has done, we had some really wonderful festivities with family!!
G had to work until noon on Christmas Eve, so I headed to Ryan and Tiffany's without him. They hosted a wonderful brunch that was full of great food and laughter. JJ stole the show and we all enjoyed being a part of his 1st Christmas. Uncle G and Aunt Bethany gave him (and future foster kids) a play tent with tunnel. I love this picture...that's 5, yes 5 adults putting the tent and tunnel together.

 JJ is a hefty little fellow and none of the 1st Christmas shirts came in his size, so he wore it unbuttoned. It kept sneaking up out of his jeans and looked like a whale tale!! It killed me! The sweet little guy had a blast in the tent (so did Uncle Justin) and loved being the center of attention.
 Once G got off, we enjoyed some relaxing couple time, then joined Mom and Dad and headed to our church for the Christmas Eve service. It was packed, but SO SO wonderful!! My favorite part is when the lights are turned out and one candle starts the lighting of the the thousands! Then, it snows! :)
 Afterwards, it was party time! Christmas Eve at Justin and Kim's! The boys were all looking very dapper.
 And I look fat, instead of pregnant in this pic. Oh well.
 We had so much fun as a family and again, the food was delish! JJ of course, continued to have a captive audience.
 On Christmas morning, G and I opened our gifts and hung out for a bit before heading to my parents'. George is so sweet and thoughtful and really loves to give great gifts. This one is especially sweet. It's a Michael Kors watch that G bought because it looks like and reminds him of the watch I wore when we first met. How flippin' sweet is that?
Aaaaaand, the Coach diaper bag I've had my eye on! I will get LOTS of use out of this!! I'm pretty excited about it!


My dad made a really cool sign for Justin. Notice Dad's new "Pops hat"? Cool, I know.
 This was a small family year for us-only 6 people stayed all day! My mom took advantage of the smaller crowd and SERIOUSLY outdid herself in the food department. The standing rib roast was a huge hit.  
 It was a wonderfully relaxing and restful day!
 We finished our festivities with this KILLER cake! It's chocolate gingerbread with ganache layers and the frosting is ginger infused whipped cream. Like I said, mom outdid herself.

Who knows what next year will be like? I have a feeling that relaxing and restful might not be on top of the list with a little one. ;)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Those are great 'puctures'. We can't wait for Cocoapuff!

Kristen said...

a belated merry christmas to you guys!! happy packing!