Friday, December 30, 2011

The State of Our Union

For as long as I can remember, in the week between Christmas and New Years, my parents would go on a long date and discuss the past year and the goals and expectations of the future. They called this their State of the Union Date and made it a priority. We are following their lead and do the same thing. It's pretty fun actually.
Yesterday, we had a great day and finished it off with our State of the Union meeting. No one can really foresee what a year will hold, but this past year definitely threw us some curve balls. My brother mentioned recently that when one of us (my family members) suffers, we all suffer. So true. We suffered through death, job loss, health issues, hard waiting, financial distress and more that can't be mentioned. There were a lot of tears and many unanswered questions. Basically, it was a tough year! I took great joy in throwing away my 2011 calendar...it had things on it that I didn't want to see or remember. In spite of all those things, it was a good year too. God did not fail us. We have grown in so many ways this year-as a family, as a couple and as individuals. As an added bonus and much to my surprise, we actually achieved a lot of our goals!
2012 will be so different, wonderfully different. For starters, we're adding a baby pretty soon here! Secondly, G is only working 1 job, which actually has career growth and I am not working outside the house. We're moving soon as well! We have a lot of hopes and dreams and goals for 2012. Who knows what will happen this year? I don't, but the One who does has got my back. I plan to enjoy the ride and take things as they come. Goodbye 2011. Bring it on 2012!

No comments: