Wednesday, August 3, 2011

Some days I'm just not strong.

I sure do love my husband. I am so thankful and I find myself just looking at him thinking, "Wow! I really, really, REALLY love you! Like SO MUCH...even more than yesterday!" How did I get such a great guy?
One of the things I admire about George is how hard working he is...and how hard he is searching for a job. Yesterday, he went to a job fair. He got there when it started and vied for his place in line. Four and a half hours later, he got interviewed with five other people. He raced home in time to scarf down a snack before he spent the rest of the day at work, on his feet.
He brought home the page of available jobs. There were 25-30 listed and more than 500 people showed up for those few jobs. Many just gave up and went home.
Not George. He won't give up. He keeps trusting God, seeking God and obeying God. He'll wait and wait for even the slightest possibility of a job...and while he waits, he works two retail jobs, without complaining and without shame. That makes me so proud and so sad. I want better for him.
I try to be strong, but sometimes I just don't have it in me. I am so tired of waiting....tired of thinking and saying, "soon"....I am sad and I'm confused.

No comments: