Saturday, August 20, 2011

Cool Stuff...

One of the up sides to working at a baby store is that I learn a LOT about baby stuff...and I get a discount. :) Combine that with being a nanny for four years and I most definitely have strong opinions, likes and dislikes about baby stuff. We started watching and waiting for God's provision as soon as we learned about our Cocoapuff and while it didn't immediately show up in the form of a job (we know that comes soon!) provision certainly came by way of baby gear! Here are a few of my fav baby items we have so far... The Nook Pebble Mattress. I learned about this mattress earlier this year and immediately fell in love! A lot of research, cool technology and great materials go into this mattress! Everything is natural-no chemicals or other questionable things. The raised pebble pattern of the cover helps air flow and is actually pumped with oxygen when it is woven, you can breathe through it better than a medical mask! It's amazing! You can learn more about it here. We went with the Pebble Lite for one huge reason...it costs less with pretty much all the same benefits! The Bato Bathtub-it's just so dang cute! This was not a true need, but a want. I just don't want our home to be full of kid crap, I want the items we have to be beautiful. To me, this is THE COOLEST baby/toddler tub out there (well, in the less than $200 range;).
We might start using this a year from NOW, but this was another item that I just got hooked on! It's the HiLo highchair by Age designs. It's on a serious back order and our store had one...so I seized the opportunity. And of course, mine is orange! I love that it has a small silhouette, that it's super easy to clean, that it can be used beyond the baby years and it just looks good.
And the car seat. I was trying to be open to whatever car seat we could afford, but I am a HUGE Britax fan! If you don't know anything about Britax, they are amazing, highly engineered seats, but they are also pricey. I was iffy about the print, but the deal we got made it worth it...now I've come to like the silly cow print. :)
Our apartment is not very big, so there is baby stuff everywhere (this is only a tiny glimpse of it). On hard days it helps me to see it all. These things are small. I don't need designer baby items-at all. But God has provided them for us. He has been so faithful with the little things (little things that really matter to me, but little nonetheless) of course he'll be faithful with the big things too!
And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, ‘What shall we eat?’ or ‘What shall we drink?’ or ‘What shall we wear?’ For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own. Matthew 6:25-33

No comments: