Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Nice try, still not shaken...

I'm still processing what happened yesterday, but I wanted to share and ask for more prayers!! We see God moving in BIG ways and we're asking Him for more!!!
So here's the deal. I had a meeting with my boss yesterday. I was asked to sign a document that was highly subjective and would make it where I was written up for just about everything. When I say just about everything, that includes having to asking a manager (who may or may not be found since they leave for hours on end) permission to use the employee bathroom. If I left the sales floor to go to the employee bathroom without permission, that would be a write up. I was also to promise to "be more productive" which could mean anything, literally anything. In addition, even after telling them that I'm pregnant, I was informed I'd be written up for using anymore of MY sick time (sick time which has no rules, btw). I saw this document as discriminatory and as trap to write me up tons of times and then fire me with a paper trail. I wouldn't sign it. So he fired me.
You might think this, combined with the job rejection for G on Monday could send us spiraling in to the depths of despair. Nope. Our God is BIG! He is doing BIG things. We don't know what the next few weeks and months will hold, what we do know is that God is watching, listening and loving us through all of it. Our friends and family have really rallied around us and are constantly supporting us. My dad told me this week that "Family was designed to help us see God when circumstances make it hard otherwise. Loved ones, by the Spirit's prompting, become the fingerprints of the hard to see God." I agree! Here are some of those fingerprints they have shared with us...
Matthew 6:34, Do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own.
John 16:33, "In the world you will have tribulation; but be of good cheer, I have overcome the world."
Have you not known? Have you not heard? The Lord is the everlasting God, the Creator of the ends of the earth. He does not faint or grow weary; his understanding is unsearchable. - Isaiah 40:28
‎1 Corinthians 13:12 tells us that now we see things dimly, as in a mirror, but someday we will see clearly and understand how God answered our prayers.
Trust in the Lord with all your heart and lean not on your own understanding;in all ways acknowledge him, and he will make your paths straight* Proverbs 3:5-6
Psalm 66 19 but God has surely listened and has heard my prayer. 20 Praise be to God, who has not rejected my prayer or withheld his love from me!
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They are brought to their knees and fall, but we rise up and stand firm. Psalm 20:7-8
He tends his flock like a shepherd: He gathers the lambs in his arms and carries them close to his heart; he gently leads those that have young. Isaiah 40:11
We've been reminded of Joseph and how even his slavery had a GREAT purpose. We've been reminded of Moses and his arms being supported by his friends so that the battle would be won.
We may have just lost an income, but we are RICH! Thank you to everyone who is loving and praying and supporting us through this-keep it up! We believe our God is great, we believe He has a plan for us!
Please pray specifically for wisdom and clear direction over the next few weeks. We have a lot to sort through and some big decisions to make. And of course, we keep praying for THE JOB for George. :)

1 comment:

Kristen said...

man, stuff just gets crazier and crazier for you guys... so glad you are out of that yucky, horrible work environment though.