Tuesday, February 24, 2009

...we rise and stand upright!

I'm in a defiant mood. Those of you who know me well probably think I'm in a defiant mood most of the time, but I'm not. There's is still no word from immigration. By the time it's been long enough to do something about it, I'll be thousands of miles away, so we'll probably not know anything for a while. We are still waiting-this is a common theme in our lives if you haven't noticed....it actually feels pretty normal. Even though this is a huge deal and there are times that being away from George is enough to just crush me; I don't want to allow immigration to lord over me. God is my strength and hope, no one else. I refuse to be toyed with by a silly government! I will 'rise and stand upright' and I will remember God's faithfulness and promises.
Some trust in chariots and some in horses, but we trust in the name of the LORD our God. They collapse and fall, but we rise and stand upright. Psalm 20:7
Trust in the LORD, and do good; dwell in the land and befriend faithfulness. Delight yourself in the LORD, and he will give you the desires of your heart. Commit your way to the LORD; trust in him, and he will act. Psalm 37:3-5
Rejoice in the Lord always; again I will say, Rejoice. Let your reasonableness be known to everyone. The Lord is at hand; do not be anxious about anything, but in everything by prayer and supplication with thanksgiving let your requests be made known to God. And the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. Philippians 4:4-7
You have multiplied, O Lord my God, your wondrous deeds and your thoughts toward us; none can compare with you! I will proclaim and tell of them, yet they are more than can be told. Psalm 40:5
"Be still, and know that I am God. I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth!" Psalm 46:10

No comments: