Wednesday, February 18, 2009

No title

I'm still waiting for the letter. Apparently the NVC/CIS doesn't use the Pony Express...they use something slower. Maybe a Longhorn? I'm not talking a pissed off, pent up Bevo before a game (besides, that sprint totally takes it out of him). I'm talking those huge lazy things who chill in the field and hardly move 10yards all day- they are completely surrounded by their own dung and won't even move away from it! On second thought.....a Longhorn would be too cool. I bet they use a duck. Ducks are ugly, SLOW, and sassy- they make you stop your car so they can cross the road (well, I stop, because what if the duck's posse came after me?). Makes perfect sense to me.
I'll move on to a slightly more serious and slightly more random note now. There is an insanely popular song out (I think it's new, but not sure) by The Fray and I think about it a lot, maybe even too much. Here are some of the lyrics:

I found God

On the corner of First and Amistad

Where the west

Was all but won

All alone

Smoking his last cigarette

I said, “Where you been?”

He said, “Ask anything.”

Where were you

When everything was falling apart?

All my days

Were spent by the telephone

That never rang

And all I needed was a call

It never came

To the corner of

First and Amistad

Lost and insecure

You found me, you found me

Lying on the floor

Surrounded, surrounded

Why’d you have to wait?

Where were you, where were you?

Just a little late

You found me, You found me

First, I love this song, and I love hearing what people think of God. It makes me kind of sad though, I feel for the guy who wrote it and I remember times in my life where I have felt like God was not hearing me and finally showed up too late. But most importantly I like this song because it gives me hope and makes me thankful. I am so thankful that I don't feel this way. I know where my God is and He isn't ignoring me. With that being said, He's not exactly telling me what he's doing. However, I know He is there and at work and that he most definitely will not show up too late. Also, I think there is a reason why we can't know everything.

1 comment:

Ellen said...

ok so first off...love that song! Secondly...duck posse's are quite dangerous. There is a hoard of ducks that live by the pond of my apartment, and they choose the most random inconvient times (not that it's EVER convientient) to dive bomb random passers-by. The main culprate is a bitter old crotchety white goose who honks incessantly and will attack anything that comes within a stones throw. Moral of the story: Watch out of ornery geese!