Thursday, February 26, 2009

I'm learning...

I'm learning that love is so much more than I ever thought it would be. It's bigger, deeper, more wonderful than I could have imagined and grows everyday...even long distance.
I'm learning to get involved when things don't work well for me, instead of just trying to find something else.
I'm learning to be optimistic even when it's easier to be a pessimist, funnier too. Why is it that optimism isn't funny?
I'm learning that Christians make Christianity complicated...and I think that's silly.
I'm learning that I'm not like other people my age and that I'd rather be lonely than a sell out.
I'm learning that following God is so easy and so hard.
I'm learning to be happy about really small things- if the weather is nice enough not to have to wear a sweater or a jacket, I'm a happy girl!
I'm learning to be content with where I am; even though I fondly dream of the days when I woke up under a net and walked through orange dirt in flip flops to get work, passing a dozen people I could call friends. I wonder if that will ever be my life again.
I'm learning to be still and know that He is God. Some days it's harder than it sounds.
I'm learning that if I walk 6-8 miles a day I can eat chocolate and not feel guilty....I like that.

1 comment:

Noel said...

Hey!
I found your blog through Steppin' Heavenward. I just want to tell you that I am praying for you. I am engaged as well and waiting to be married is challenging. Please know that I will be praying for a swift home coming. I admire your strong Christian attitude. To be honest, it puts me to shame...
Praying for you and your fiance.
Noel