Monday, January 26, 2009

Busy in my head

Interesting tid-bit of the day:
All I do is plan. No matter the specifics of what I'm doing outwardly, I'm planning in my head all the time. The planning is mostly about George and my future, but sometimes other things get thrown in there. I used to laugh at my mom and tell her she was even busy in her mind because she was/is always working on something...now I'm the exact same. :)
What this includes-fortunately or unfortunately depending on your perspective-is lots of shopping! I'm a shopper through and through, thankfully for my bank account I am a bargain shopper at that! When things are going poorly for us, I buy "needed" items for our future home and it gives me hope that we really do have a future (that's how I got most of the stuff I have). When things are going well for us, I celebrate by purchasing other "needed" items for our future, usually the bigger stuff. So far, I have a complete bedroom set collected at various times on various sales from World Market, our dining room furniture, dinnerware for 12 (which won't be nearly enough considering my family), paintings, decorative accents, beautiful lamps (1/2 off at Pier 1), 3 sets of sheets, pretty pillows, polka-dot coffee cups-for when I have girls over for coffee, gorgeous champagne flutes for future celebrating, a couple of green and brown rugs, and some other things. I'm thinking my tax return will coincide with other good news and I'll get to buy our living room couch. By the time George comes, I'll have everything ready to go! I'm so excited for our future!
I want to get these for the living room as well, I've been watching them for a while but I'm waiting...
That's all.

No comments: