Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Moving right along!

I honestly don't think I imagined being able to write positive post after positive post, but here I am! I don't think I'll get tired of good things continuing!
The NVC (National Visa Center) packet yesterday was fairly straightforward, so I'm happy for that. I was able to pay the fee for our next step online (nice!) and will print and send the receipt as soon as the payment clears. Then, I wait for further instructions. My understanding though, is that this is my last step. Once I do the paperwork I just paid for everything goes to Ghana.
Now that things are moving forward, I decided to look ahead a little bit and see exactly what is required of George. I was too bummed/cynical/freaked/mad to do so before now. I'm glad I did, because it gives me time to really understand what's going to happen, but more importantly, to PRAY! George will have to have a physical, blood work, immunizations and a chest x-ray before his interview. There is a small list of approved clinics where George can go for these things and not one can do all 4. He'll have to go to 3 different clinics and none of them are right next door to another. It's also my understanding that he'll only have about a month to do it before his interview. Now this freaks me out just a tad because of the way appointments, schedules and time management in general work in Ghana. Mixing an American timeline (the consulate gives him an interview date) with Ghana time is kind of like trying to Waltz to a Techno remix. So we'll see, maybe the Dr. appointments will happen while I'm there. For now, I'll add it to my prayer list and try not to worry.
Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God. And the peace of God, which transcends all understanding, will guard your hearts and your minds in Christ Jesus. -Philippians 4:4-7

No comments: