Thursday, January 29, 2009

Unexpected...

This may be boring to those of you who aren't immigration paperwork geeks like I am, but I'm going to share anyway.
Much to my surprise (and I think delight) I was able to move forward on paperwork last night. It took many hours, a ton of reading and rereading, a small forest or two in actual paper, writing my name and SSN enough for my entire life and lots of chocolate. I don't know if I've mentioned this before, but this is all a very confusing process! I don't even think that the NVC/CIS really understands how it all works.
So, to make the story short, I was told/I understood that I would have to wait at least another week to six weeks before I could submit my final documentation to the NVC and then have everything sent Ghana for George's part. Well, I actually got to do the paperwork last night and will be mailing it today or tomorrow! How cool is that? I don't know how long it will take for the next step, but so far so good...I never thought I'd actually get to this point. Yay!

No comments: