Thursday, September 18, 2014

One Month!















This week got a bit crazy, so I opted to skip the 4 week post in favor of a one month post baby/life post.

Wow! What a month it has been! In Delali news, she is awesome! Sometime this week she started looking a little chubby & way less newborn.

Her sleep has changed up a bit & I'm okay with it. She sleeps for long stretches during the day & not so much at night. Sometimes I will get a 3 hour stretch at the beginning of the night, but then I'm lucky if she is up every 90 minutes to 2 hours & many nights have a wakeful period lasting about 2 hours. I wonder if she is reverse cycling to zone out her crazy brother?

She has started cooing and I love it!

She is very strong, just like M. She keeps her head up for long periods, pushes off of us with her feet & even scooches (is that a word?) forward a bit when on her tummy.

She continues to sleep through loud sounds & is not easily startled.

She still takes a pacifier!

Newborn clothes fit her properly now & she even outgrew an outfit this week. Her 0-3 month clothes still look ridiculous.

She loves bath time.

She is having terrible gas that's causing her a lot of discomfort. I'm trying to figure out what I might be eating that's causing it...gas drops/gripe water only help a little.

She is just so sweet & we all love having her in our family!

In other Azaletey happenings...
The last month of major changes, plus being 2 have caught up with Makafui. He has brought me to the brink a couple times this week & has been a challenge lately.

This is our first week without the Y. I cried last week on our final day. I'm sure this is part of M's behavior, changing one more routine in his life. Poor kid.

George's BRAND NEW car got rear ended this week. He's having quite the time dealing with the other driver's insurance.

I feel like overall I'm doing pretty well handling 2 kiddos on my own. The transition from 1-2 has been way, way easier than 0-1!

Just when I think I'm doing great, I have a hard day that reminds me I need to lean heavily on The Lord! I definitely struggle with giving myself enough grace. I stress too much over how clean my house is & losing the baby weight. 

We had our first new MOPS meeting this week. I'm looking forward to meeting people & am trying to be more purposeful at making friends & getting together with people.

I really love our little house & little neighborhood, we are settling in nicely.

I think my favorite part of this new phase of life is the team work between G & I. We balance & help one another much more smoothly this time. He is such a great partner & blessing to me!

No comments: