Tuesday, September 20, 2011

Bumps in the road...

This week has started off tough (again!) but already seems to be taking a turn for the better.
I found out yesterday that I am being denied my unemployment rights. That was shocking and very upsetting to me, since obviously that money would be helpful and much needed right now. I didn't find out the reason until today. Get this- insubordination. Yes, you read that right, not signing an erroneous document (and might I mention illegal in areas) was in direct 'disobedience' to my supervisor. Blah, blah! That was NOT a fun thing to hear....this company seems to be able to keep taking pot shots at me and it kind of hurts. Things aren't over yet though....
There have been lots of little things that have been adding up to be big things and that always sucks. Lots of little bumps in the road.
Thankfully, God has put me in a great family! My husband is always so strong and so full of faith, especially when I am not. My dad seems to have the uncanny ability to know exactly when I'm having a REEEALLY hard time and always calls me at that exact moment. He won't let me stay isolated or cry alone. My mom is always there for me to text, talk or to let me come to her office and just be. And then there's my sister, if you've known me (or read this blog) for a long time you know we have had our struggles. God has grown us so much recently and it has been such a blessing. Last night, as I settled in for a night of quiet, possibly sad contemplation, I heard a knock on my door. I thought, "Oh great! Who is that?!" and snuck to the door quietly to peer through the peep-hole. Tiffany was standing there with the biggest Decaf Pumpkin Spice Latte I have ever seen! We cried a little, but then we laughed and talked and ate and laughed some more. There are several more sweet friends who are daily on their knees praying for us- they send us e-mails and texts with verses or details about how they pray. They contact people they know about jobs. And sometimes, they leave beer and burgers on our porch. I am thankful for this network of friends and family.
Not all bumps are bad bumps though! This one is by far my favorite!
We love our Cocoapuff so, so much! We are so blessed that God is growing him into our family and giving us this great, great joy! Things are looking up...

3 comments:

Mama B said...

Finally! A tummy shot! You are so cute, sweet girl. Cocoapuff was sent to you "for such a time as this!" Praying, praying, praying for justice to prevail. God is bigger!

waitingarms said...

So sorry for the tough stuff going on when you should be simply enjoying the miracle of the coming baby.

Not sure if the insurance issue got resolved. If not, perhaps you can look into your state's equivalent plan of California's "Healthy Families". This is insurance where the income is not low enough to qualify the applicants for Medi-Cal (our state's version of Medi-Caid), but also not high enough to be able to pay for private health insurance. We recently had a presentation at my job and I believe the monthly premium is like $40 and allows you to choose your own health plan (they contract with a few like Blueshield, Blue Cross etc).

On the unemployment end, please appeal! I think in my state it is almost standard practice to deny the application for any flimsy reason, but once an appeal is made, then in most cases, the person is granted their benefits. Please keep copies of all documents and sent all correspondence via certified mail as they put a huge burden on the applicant.

Praying that things begin looking up - you guys really need a break to be able to enjoy your son without the distractions of all the other stuff!

Blessings.

Sister Beta said...

waitingarms- Thank you! I am going to appeal the unemployment thing, I'm not looking forward to it, but it needs to be done. Extra prayers for that would be nice. California sounds like it has some pretty awesome health insurance! I haven't been able to find anything like that, but I'm still searching outside of the box. Thanks for the prayers!