Friday, February 5, 2010

Marital bliss...

As you probably guessed from the absence of blogging, (or from facebook stalking me or actually being there) last week was the BIG DAY! It was so completely wonderful and I really cannot imagine what could have made it better, other than the impossible-having ALL of our family and friends there! It was a bit chilly here, but we got through just fine. I can’t wait to get the pictures! We had a blast, we felt so loved and we ATE! Here are a few fun things before the picture post…
When I was waiting in the lobby of my hotel with my dad to go out to the ceremony, this guy kept telling me how beautiful I looked and was going on and on. It was a bit weird, but my dad and I just laughed it off. Then, he came back (for like a seventh time) and gave me a rose, which didn’t go with my bouquet, and introduced himself. It was Eddie Vedder, front man of Pearl Jam. Haha! That’s Austin, people!
One of the things we had at the wedding was a more personal guest book. It had individual pages with questions for the guests to answer and to give advice. Reading it this week was SO MUCH FUN! G and I laughed and laughed. Nearly everyone said something about us having babies, lots of babies or beautiful babies. The advice was my favorite part. From a couple who was career focused and started their family into their 30s, Have kids while you’re still young! From a couple who struggled to have kids and that was a big focus in their lives, Enjoy your time getting to know each other before you have kids. From an old family friend who has been married 30+ years, Settle all arguments while you are naked-they usually settle pretty fast. I guess that’s the secret to a long and happy marriage! Ha! Seeing everyone’s perspective was a lot of fun and I’m glad we have this memento to keep for many years to come.
We’ve had a wonderful week settling down and settling in (thanks a TON to my mom who filled in for me at work this week!!!!). We have been able to relax and have been productive as well-it's been great! We are just so happy about life and are looking forward to our future! We are so thankful to God for taking us this far and to all of our family and friends who have been so supportive.
This is bliss…

No comments: