Tuesday, February 3, 2015

THREE


I can hardly believe Makafui is THREE!!

I am overwhelmed with gratitude for him everyday! And some days, I am equally overcome with feelings of exasperation & inadequacy to mother him. I recently heard the term "threenager" & it could not be a more perfect term for this chapter.

At three, Makafui is kind, smart, loving, adventurous, talkative, affectionate, musical, observant, curious, active, energetic, funny, sensitive, outgoing & so much more!

He loves preschool & church. Loves them! He is doing great in both areas & plays well with his friends (mostly) & listens to his teachers. Preschool has made him appreciate arts & crafts much more & he now asks to paint or draw at home. He's very good with a glue stick & most of the things he makes at preschool he does without help. He remembers songs very well & is always sharing new lyrics.

He potty trained several months ago & has not looked back. Once he was ready, he was all in!

The boy adores his sister. Sometimes too much. I think he wakes her from a nap at least once a day! He is protective & kind toward her & anxious for her to be able to really play with him. He is very good at sharing with her!

He is a little athlete! I signed him up for soccer at the Y & we are all excited for it to start. He runs, jumps, tumbles & climbs with ease & never seems to tire. We spent a lot of time outside last week & M just kept going & going!

He rarely ever naps. We still have rest time daily, but he doesn't sleep. He fights nighttime sleep as well, but overall, things are okay.

He has become so imaginitive! I love watching him play with toys (or turning random things into toys) & hearing his stories. He is big into playing superheroes & police so he can put people "under arresk".

He has got a mouth & a half!! This is where the threenager thing really comes in. Makafui thinks he's a comedian...& an adult. A lot of times he really is funny, but then he puffs up & gets real punchy & out of hand. His mouth gets ahead of his understanding, so it's hard sometimes to get him to understand why he isn't allowed to talk certain ways. He also has a fabulous vocabulary, some of my favorite things he says are: I need to concentrate; Am I ruining all the fun? Do it quickly; That's hideous; I'm so dizzy!-Why is the room turning around? & my very favorite, You're my best mommy ever!

He is obsessed with waffles & his all time favorite "food" is HEB brand chocolate covered granola bars. I can get him to eat nearly anything with the promise of a chocolate granola bar. Ha! He even tells me, "I ate something healthy, can I have chocolate granola bar with chips in it?"

His memory is insane! He can recall things that happened many months ago in great detail! When he meets a new friend & tells us about it, he includes details like the color of the friend's shirt & what it had on it. He's so observant! He noticed things like haircuts & nail polish, but also more subtle things like attitudes & feelings.

He suddenly seems very grown up! I'm reminding myself to take a deep breath & just enjoy & savor these moments. 













1 comment:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

He is one cute guy! So glad you are having such a ball being 'mama'!