Sunday, February 1, 2015

Five & a half months!

I missed the 5 month mark for Delali...by 2 weeks!

The thing is, I want to blog a lot & really remember & document what's going on, but there are a few bumps in the road. One being our laptop is broken. In the midst of those hell months last fall, M wondered what would happen if he closed a Matchbox car in the laptop. Guess what? It breaks the laptop screen. I will get it fixed soon, there were other priorities then. Secondly, my hands are full & Im quite busy with these sweet kiddos. But now, I'm rocking Lalipop in the dark, pecking away on my iPhone.

Back to this 5 month thing...

Delali is so big & has changed so much! The poor thing has had a nasty cold for THREE solid weeks now. She's having a rough go. At her Dr visit yesterday (the one where they couldn't figure out why she's been sick for so long) she weighed in at 16lbs & has the sweetest rolls! Being sick has subdued her normally exuberant personality & she has reached a new level of clingy. I have been wearing her a lot!

She is sitting pretty well.
Tummy time is non-existent as she immediately rolls to her back & stays there.
She puts ALL things in her mouth! I have to be very careful with what M "shares" with her. Still no teeth.
She eats solids about once a day, some days we skip. She likes bland things & won't eat purees that aren't mixed/diluted with oatmeal.
She babbles a lot & has started spitting. M thinks it's awesome & loves to copy her.
When she's feeling well, she's a constant smile...until she's strapped in the carseat! While not a fan of the carseat, she did great on her first trip to Houston!! Woohoo!
She has stayed in the nursery on a several occasions for an hour or more!
She still adores Makafui & absolutely lights up when he's around!
Wonder upon wonders-she likes the swing! M never did, so we are excited!
As long as I'm holding her, she puts up with just about anything.

Can't believe how much she has grown!














2 comments:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

she is beautiful!!!

Kristen said...

She is so beautiful. I loved all the pics from the wedding. I hope she makes a full recovery very soon.