Thursday, February 26, 2015

6 months!

Sweet Delali turned 6 months last week. I   LOVE this age! She is so much fun & her personality is really starting to shine!

Delali is full on when it comes to emotions! She laughs & smiles BIG! She also wails with big ol' crocodile tears if she doesn't like something. She's very empathetic...if other babies (or brother) cry, she will start to cry; if other people laugh, so will she; and if Makafui is being whiney, she squaks at him!

She is sitting very well! She'll pull up on my leg when I sit next to her, but thankfully she hasn't pulled up on anything else. She lunges forward & kind of gets on hands & knees, but then just stops.

She wants to eat everything! She still doesn't have any teeth though, so is still pretty limited in her options.

I was hoping she would have outgrown her disdain for the car seat by now. I was wrong. I'm switching to the big convertible seat to see if that helps.

Time in the nursery has gotten a little better. She basically needs her own nursery worker. At church, she gets rocked or walked around & can last for the entire service (if we have timed naps properly). Bible Study is trickier, but we're getting there. When I picked her up last week, she was sitting in a worker's lap in Makafui's room. She was laughing at the big kids & much happier than being in the baby room.

She is still thoroughly a Mama's girl & is held a lot, but I don't mind. She is such a sweet & squishy delight!! 










2 comments:

Kristen said...

I think 6 months is my all time favorite baby stage. She looks like such a happy girl! I can't believe she is 6 months already, I feel like we were just at her naming ceremony.

Kat said...

Hey! I've been trying to catch up with you via email. Maybe I have an old address? Hope you get this and you are doing allright. Would love to hear from you! Kat