Thursday, July 24, 2014

1 Month!!






Baby Girl's due date is one month from today!! I feel like this has been a pretty slow pregnancy, but suddenly, we only have a month left and that's not very long (although, I have let her know that the 22nd, in the evening, would actually be a good time to come...so slightly less than a month).

Physically, we are doing great! All of our Dr. visits are very boring and routine (thank you, Lord!). I have a pretty decent amount of energy and I am both shocked and blessed by that! There are days I go to bed at 8, but not everyday. I'm moving a bit slower and bumping my belly into things, but I am very thankful that the second half of this pregnancy has gone so well.

I am excited to meet Our Girl and have her join our family, I feel mentally and emotionally ready to begin The Year Of The Baby. I am also not in a rush for her to come right now. :) Her crib is now pink, we have a place to live, she has clothes for the first 3ish months and everything she needs upon arrival. Once I pre-register at the hospital, buy a vehicle, pack up most of our belongings, figure out some easy meals, schedule movers, take M to his well check, get in at least 2 more good dates with G, plan her naming ceremony and a few more neurotic things, then I will be ready!

Yesterday, George's co-workers gave him a mini-baby shower of sorts. They had sweet gifts for Baby Girl, a fun present for Big Brother Makafui and hot pink cookies!! I am so overwhelmed by their generosity and genuine care for our little family. This has been a week full of little blessings and I am just so grateful for this season of trusting, growing, watching God do His thing.





Makafui has been extra snuggly and even clingy lately. Poor boy, I know he can feel big changes are coming. I also know he will be okay with adding a baby and moving, but it will probably be hard for a little while. I'm praying the Lord prepares his little heart, gives G and I great wisdom and patience and that these transitions go smoothly!


Taking selfies to send to Daddy at work.







No comments: