Tuesday, January 7, 2014

23 Months

Today, Makafui is 23 months! I can't believe he has only one month left until he's two!!

Makafui is quite the delight. He definitely pushes the limits at times, but in general, he is a fairly easy going, BUSY, super happy & social boy.

I'm very proud of how Makafui is adjusting to all the changes and craziness around here. His sleep has been most affected. He's not really napping anymore because we don't really do anything to wear him out. He has started night waking as well. I'm trying to be sensitive to his emotional needs and how his world has been turned upside down, so I just lay down with him in the night. I'm so hoping he will get through this & start sleeping well again! One day at a time...

He continues to be a big talker & I love hearing what's going on in his mind. He is speaking in longer & longer sentences & is even saying please & thank you without being reminded. He's allllways asking questions, but we haven't hit the WHY? stage yet. When we pray, he now repeats what we're saying or adds something similar, rather than just cutting us off with an amen.

He is a pro at taking his clothes off, and quickly! He can't get his jean closure open, but he can pretty much do everything else. One more sign that potty training is just around the corner!

He still LOVES Curious George, but likes to mix it up with Daniel Tiger every now and then.

He is very affectionate. Everyday, I get unprompted kisses, I Love Yous, pats on the back & tickles. He is so sweet.

Makafui is messy. Like, a lot. Our living rooms totally trashed & I think he likes it this way. If I really coach him, he'll clean it up, but it takes forever!

These days at home resting are long and hard at times, but I'm trying my hardest to cherish this time as just the two of us. I'm so thankful for my sweet boy!




1 comment:

Kristen said...

I can't believe he is almost two!! He is one special kid.