Wednesday, May 28, 2014

Third Trimester!!

I have really sucked at documenting this pregnancy, so here goes, what's up as I enter the 3rd Trimester!

-I feel GREAT! I had some breathing problems a few weeks ago, but it was just an unfortunate combination of allergies and pregnancy. Thankfully, we are past that!

-I'm working out everyday and really loving the extra energy I'm getting from it and how strong I feel this go around. I plan to keep at it right up until delivery.

-I am still sleeping well-woohoo!

-I was doing great at keeping the indulgences to a minimum....until I discovered the best chocolate croissant in town! Oh. My. Gosh. I have gone to the bakery to get one twice this week. Must stop.

-I am loving this little break in the weather! I swell up when it gets hot (NOT something I experienced with Makafui) and am mentally preparing myself for a summer of looking like the Michelin Man...only, hopefully a tan version.

-Makafui has named this baby Pax. It cracks me up! That is not her name and I don't know where he got it from, but I love it and I really love that it means peace.

-This little girl has gotten very active and I feel her consistently throughout the day now, rather than just in the evening. She is definitely not as strong as M was at this point, which I will take! Her movements are very sweet and reassuring, rather than painful. I can't tell what body part is violently hitting me, like I could with M or figure out what position she hangs out in most of the time. Maybe this means she will be less intense all-around. ;)

-I'm beginning to prep her nursery, but feel like I have a LOT to do to get ready for her. Good thing I have 3 more months!

-I have been reading like crazy and preparing for this Little Lady's birth. I am planning epidural-free again, but definitely don't want a repeat of Makafui's birth. I felt like I just survived his birth, not that I did well or was empowered or really anything positive. I just made it through. I want a more peaceful experience this time and I want to feel accomplished and empowered and more calm about the whole thing. I am praying a lot about this!

-Most of the time, I feel really good about where Makafui is as far as being prepared for a new sibling. I am reading and praying a lot about this too!

-I am feeling so so blessed and overjoyed that we get to have another sweet babe. I am very excited about what our family is going to look like and getting to know another kid. I think a lot about what she will be like and how our family will change. Not being a first timer anymore, I know it will be a challenge, but even more so, I know what a huge blessing she will be to me and my family.

-27 weeks down, about 13 to go!

No comments: