Monday, December 16, 2013

JDRF Winter Ball

George and I had the wonderful opportunity to go to the Juvenile Diabetes Research Foundation of Austin's Hope for the Holidays Winter Ball. That's a mouthful, huh?

It was an absolutely wonderful night!! The food was amazing, the entertainment was super fun, the company was great and the cause was near and dear to my heart as my late Uncle Jimmie had Type One.

I was amazed and encouraged to hear just how far Diabetes research has come and the incredible hope there is for the children and families living with Type One. My heart hurt as I watched Mommies and Daddies cheer and cry as we heard about clinical trials that were doing well and what that could mean for them. I was astounded by just how much money was raised and so blessed that we got a glimpse of it all.

I surely wouldn't mind going to fundraiser balls a little more often. :) This was pretty much our best date ever. We were having so much fun, that I didn't get to take too many pictures. Also, I didn't want to be that lame girl attached to her phone!


 
 






 


 

1 comment:

Sue Anne McKinney said...

awwww. LOVE your haircut, Bethany! Merry Christmas!