Thursday, February 10, 2011

Stress-Ball Freakazoid

I....am a stress-ball freakazoid. That is why I haven't blogged lately.
I wrote a blog about life and balance and seasons on Saturday last week. It was so gut level honest that it made me cry. I didn't post it. Since Saturday, I have gotten some much needed encouragement, some perspective and a little more of the balance I have been looking for. So I'm hoping to be less of a stress-ball freakazoid.
I have realized that I have put SO MUCH pressure on myself! Pressure to be the provider, pressure to also be the perfect wife and supporter, pressure on all my work projects, pressure to be a great friend and family member, pressure to find my husband a job, pressure to look a certain way....you get the point. I guess I reached my limit this past weekend.
The truth is, God is in control of most of those things and I need to let Him be in control of them. The things I have control of? Loosening the grip a little would be good.
So here goes! I'm focusing on being in the moment, realizing this is a season and striving for balance. I'm praying more and worrying just a little bit less. Hopefully I'll stop being a stress-ball freakazoid soon...
P.S. I hate this stupid weather!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Oh sis - been there (still am on some days). There is nothing better than moving through a challenging time and taking stock in all he has done. I like the adventure. Even if I am a terrible stress ball...

Nana said...

Wow, I, too have felt so much this way the last 2 weeks...waking up early...thinking, thinking and more thinking. Thanks for the reminder to let go! It sure is nice to have people around that love me and say, I know you are overwhelmed, but relax! You are doing a great job! Little by little, line upon line... EnJOy YoUR aDVeNtUre...all the ups and downs, the wild curves in the road, the thrill of the 'what next'!
yep, I'm ready for some sunshine, too!